HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Mar 21 00:58:46 EST 1999

At 22:53 20/03/99 -0600, you wrote:

>> > From: andrew
>> > Date: Sunday, March 21, 1999 5:50 AM
>> > Whilst avoiding the temptation to get into Kant and the pre-judgemental
>> (in
>> > terms of the intellect) nature of aesthetic judgement in his Critique of
>> > Judgement, let's go with him a little way and accept that aesthetic
>> > judgement is something common to all (as opposed to intellectual
>
> Could someone explain this in lay-mens terms?  :)))

errm, okay: i was messing about with some philosophy to prove that Doremi is
not of no "absolute musical value" but was in fact the musical value (along
with SR and ISOS) by which we subsequently judge HW. As a result it becxomes,
if you will, the ideal HW, against which everything else is an imperfect copy
and what we are discussing is the closeness of our fave non-ideal HW to the
ideal HW in feeling or sound.

Or something. Actually, i'm not sure what i meant. as lemmy put it: "sunrise,
wrong side of another day, sky high and 6000 miles away". i'm off to bed

andrew

"i say what comes to my mind"
- The Buzzcocks 'Boredom'