HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

Stephan Spiegel spiegel at INTPLSRV.NET
Sun Mar 21 17:54:41 EST 1999

    > Could someone explain this in lay-mens terms? :)))

    errm, okay: i was messing about with some philosophy to prove that Doremi is
    not of no "absolute musical value" but was in fact the musical value (along
    with SR and ISOS) by which we subsequently judge HW. As a result it becxomes,
    if you will, the ideal HW, against which everything else is an imperfect copy
    and what we are discussing is the closeness of our fave non-ideal HW to the
    ideal HW in feeling or sound.

    Or something. Actually, i'm not sure what i meant. as lemmy put it: "sunrise,
    wrong side of another day, sky high and 6000 miles away". i'm off to bed

    andrew

    OK.  I understand now.  Doremi was the first HW Album I ever heard, from my friend Mark Kaczmarek in college (1975).  And I have to say it's the one Album imbedded in my head as "Hawkwind".  Warrior was also excellent in terms of a "different" journey... But "Space Metal" wise....Doremi is my fav.  I'll try and follow a little closer next time... I get so many e-mails a day, it's hard to keep up sometimes..  :)
    Hawkman.