HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Sun Mar 21 22:41:52 EST 1999

"Live 79" never, and I repeat never made it into heavy rotation on my
turntable,
I thought it was a generally lackluster effort at capturing Hawkwind at their
finest: live, although it isn't a terrible LP, it for me has nothing to draw
me into listening to it again. It possibly got spun at 33-1/3 twice at best.
As far as the timely exodus of Tim Blake from the band (as per last post by
John),
I repeat the the word: Amen!
It was to my wonderful relief to hear the next two RCA LP's when they came
out, as the Hawks exit the Baker/Blake era.........
bob