HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Mon Mar 22 05:43:57 EST 1999

>Yeah, '76 so its just before the others i mentioned; i excluded it because
>- no matter what a great song i think Steppenwolf is - i don't like it all
>that much. Er, hmm, okay, because it seems to rest at the transitional axis
>of 70s HW (just as to my ears L79 is the transitional axis of 80s HW) and
>as a result is largely directionless and pretty patchy.

IMO, the best version of Steppenwolf was the live '82 era version, with Nik
doing a superb vocal slot!!  (on the mixer tape of chippenham 82)

Isn't it about time that the mighty Dr. Technical released a fuul gig from the
November '82 tour?

Guy Thomas