BOC/OFF: Repercussion of a bad musical trip

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Mar 22 06:34:35 EST 1999

> > Yeah, they do sometimes, don't they?  Especially those sort of
> > gimmicky hits, that people either love or hate.  And too often, for
> > better or worse, that's what people will remember you for.  Remember
> > Hawkwind "blowing up" the Silver Machine?  (Which is unfortunate,
> > because that was shaping up to be one of the best versions ever).  :-)

I agree that Brainstorm on Live '79 is a pretty naff version. The first
side of the album is good but the second side should have been:

Urban Guerilla
World of Tiers
New Jerusalem
Silver Machine