HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Mon Mar 22 10:14:07 EST 1999

At 09:57 22/03/99 -0500, Stephen Swann wrote:
>Well, I *like* plodding heavy metal, ;-) but I have no idea how you
>classify the Live '79 version of Spirit of the Age as that.  Part of
>the reason I like it is because it's so open and airy sounding...

I'll go listen to it again, and see if I can hear what you hear...

>See, I like the Doremi version of Brainstorm the best,

But it's so slow and ponderous...  (I realise I'm in a minority on this one
-- possibly a minority of one, at that).

>followed by the
>"police bust" version (from "Do Not Panic" I think).

Zones?  You mean the one with the police whistle, and Nik honking like a
goose on heat?  Yes, I like that one.

>I like the
>Live Chronicles version of MotU and the ISoS version about equally,
>though they're practically completely different tunes.  ;-)

They're tunes? ;-)   Actually, I like the Greasy Truckers version of MotU,
despite the fact that it's as slow and ponderous as the Doremi version of
Brainstorm.

>So what does this tell us?  Nothing!  :)

Possibly even less than that!  But hey, it passes the time...

>Steve

Dave.

Languages Group Manager.
Harlequin Ltd., Lismore House, 127 George St, Edinburgh, EH2 4JN, UK.
Tel: +44 131 240 6106.