HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

Patrick Cordiner s328171 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Mon Mar 22 10:19:27 EST 1999

> From: Carl Edlund Anderson
> Date: Monday, March 22, 1999 11:01 PM
>
>      Was _Zones_ all live or only partially?  It and _This is
> Hawkwind, Do Not Panic_ were both early 80s, weren't they? And
> of course there was _Live Chronicles_ in 86 or 87.  Only then
> came Palace Springs.  Might be a few more a missed out--the 80s
> were a confusing time for HW record releases :)

Just checked and yeah, Zones was recorded in 1982 with live tracks inc.
Motorway City through to Brainstorm, which incidently is a much better
version with a funky jazz bit in the middle (courtesy of our favourite
saxomophone player, Nik).
THATS IT!! Nik wasn't in the band in Live '79. I may be overestimating his
prescence but he certainly changes the dynamic somewhat.

-Patrick