HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Mar 22 10:34:25 EST 1999

> Well, I *like* plodding heavy metal, ;-) but I have no idea how you
> classify the Live '79 version of Spirit of the Age as that.  Part of
> the reason I like it is because it's so open and airy sounding...
> it just sounds like concert on a summer night (I have no idea when
> or where it was really recorded).

There's a later version in the same playing style at Preston in 1980 to
which Mike Moorcock did a high pathos version of his "Warriors" poem.  I
wish there were a cleaner version of this than the live tape I have of
it.

> See, I like the Doremi version of Brainstorm the best

You really should hear the Live '72 version of this from the Brian
Matthews LP.

> Steve

FoFP