HW: Master of the Universe [was: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Mon Mar 22 11:23:29 EST 1999

>LN1GJT writes:
>
> >>I like the
> >>Live Chronicles version of MotU and the ISoS version about equally,
> >>though they're practically completely different tunes.  ;-)
> >
> >They're tunes? ;-)   Actually, I like the Greasy Truckers version of MotU,
> >despite the fact that it's as slow and ponderous as the Doremi version of
> >Brainstorm.
>
> IMO, bet versions in living memory of M - of - U are both rather more recent:
>
> Firstly, the version as part or the encore from the 1992 Teepee tour, with
Alan
> reproducing the proper hard 'n heavy bass riff - absolute stonker; a bit of a
> shame that it was reduced to being part of a medley.........
>
> Secondly, the version that was the opening track for the mini winter 1994
tour
> (the tour where Simon House guested at Brixton) - again a really heavy
> version!!!

>Well, when I was discussing versions, I was restricting myself to
>album releases, so people have a point of reference.  I bet people
>who have seen Hawkwind dozens of times would have a list of
>favorite versions that would make my head hurt.
>
>Steve
>swann at plutonia.com

Indeed Steve, but both these tours are widely availlable on the ol' live
cassette circuit!!   It just goes to show, that some of the finest live
material never gets released, and the less good stuff just gets re-vamped time
and time again. (refering to the planned release of the FULL St. Albans gig,
where Live '79 was recorded)