BOC: Meltzer and BOC in Boston stuff

Mon Mar 22 16:12:13 EST 1999

> As I have said, you can call me a fanboy - I've been called a
> boot-licker here in the past.  But, that's who I am.  When I wrote the
> FAQ, I took effort to try and touch upon stuff in BOC's past which is
> not exactly "warm and fuzzy", but I also tried to do it in a way that
> wouldn't present anyone in the band in a bad light.  Yeah, it might have
> been more interesting to try and get the "dirt" on some things (let me
> say that another former associate of BOC offered to help me out in this
> area), but I didn't think that a fan-based document should have a lot of
> allegations between two sides.

I wouldn't call you a bootlicker - I'd just say you really, really hate to
cause offence to anyone!

But yes, that's obviously the right attitude to take the FAQ, which is more
in the nature of a reference work than a piece of journalism.  I'm
reasonably sure you won't be putting "Meltzer is a dick" in version 4.0
(even if you think he's a complete plonker).

And it's the same on my Amon Düül II webpage - it's not the right place to
quote what Renate said to me about John Weinzierl! :))

(Though being me, I'd like to read the dirt as well... :)

- Andy