Hawkwind mailing list, new from Hawkeye

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Mar 23 05:27:58 EST 1999

At 09:03 23/03/99 -0000, Adrian Parr wrote:
>Age writes:
>"Compliment" or "complement" - you know what i mean.
>"Nitpick" as much as you like

Ok...

>It's like "colour" or "color"

Not really -- "colour" and "color" have the same meaning, and differ by
culture.  Seeing one where you expect the other only means that the writer
is from the other side of the pond.  "Compliment" and "complement" have
different meanings.  Seeing one where you expect the other is confusing.

But don't worry about it... I'm not going to nitpick every little mistake
anyone posts.  Just because I'm posting doesn't mean that it matters.

>See ya

(Well you did ask ;-))

>Age

Dave.

Languages Group Manager.
Harlequin Ltd., Lismore House, 127 George St, Edinburgh, EH2 4JN, UK.
Tel: +44 131 240 6106.