HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

Tue Mar 23 05:28:58 EST 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:

> alas, simon w/o lemmy was like an engine w/o oil...he sounds so dead on the
> swindells' lp...i asked mr brock in '91 what became of him/had he heard from
> him; he hadnt heard from him in ages but that he was a tree surgeon...

        Ah! I had wondered what had happened to Simon. I'd developed two
private theories, one that since _all_ the Hawks shamelessly remove his
writing credits, few as they are, from rework versions ('Iron Dream' to
'Dream Goes On' to 'Are You Losing Your Mind?', and Nik's version of
'Opa-Loka' on 'Sonic Attack 2001' or 'Past or Future'), that he might
actually have asked to be left out and joined a commune or something, and
the other that, given he was never the most solid-looking of people, he
might simply have snapped :-)

        Good to know it's not so, and that he's out there saving those
trees. Yours,
              Jon

--
 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |