HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Mar 23 10:24:11 EST 1999

LN1GJT writes:

> Agreed !   I met up with Simon, at a party about a year ago, (very civilised
> affair!) and talked with him for ages! And yes, the live '79 tour really was
> the last gasp for him!  He'd really had it by then, being in a touring band,
> and hasn't really played seriously since. I asked him if he would ever return
> to the Hawk's drum riser (if Mr. Brock were to ask him) and he reaction was NO
> NEVER - EVER AGAIN !! Not that he didn't enjoy working in HW, but the thought
> of touring again with ANY live act, is quite horrible, as well as getting
> "stage-fit" for two hours of skin-pounding.

He seemed like a nice guy. At my first Hawkwind gig I had a tape
recorder confiscated on entry and had to go backstage to ask for it back
afterwards. Simon saw me standing there waiting for the staff to figure
out where it had been stashed and came over and asked if I'd enjoyed the
gig.

> Guy

FoFP