OFF: Beatles

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Tue Mar 23 06:55:10 EST 1999

I hate to take such a lemming-like stance, but you really can't argue
with success. Whether you like the Beatles or not, they touched more
people than perhaps any other rock band around, and continued to do
so after the band broke up (with the possible exception of George and
Ringo).

But that's what art (if rock is indeed art) is all about...connecting
with someone through emotion rather than precision. Heck, if you have
to be mechanically perfect to qualify as talented, then Picasso
fuckin' blew!

I'm about the furthest thing from a Beatles fan. I own absolutely
nothing and I never did. Heck, I didn't even wretch when the Bee Gees
and Frampton did Sgt. Pepper. But I think their accomplishments do
at least count for something...

--  Nick