OFF:Hated Bands; A confession

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 23 12:03:48 EST 1999

In a message dated 3/22/99 9:27:08 PM, crow at ASCENT.NET writes:

<<As for poetic punk, I'll take the Jim Carroll Band

          over Lou Reed any day.

"be very, very careful about being critical", he admonished himself before
beginning...

jim carroll...all time poseur bs artist thinking his book(s) automatically
made him a "rock person"...toss in some offhand dead people and blow jobs and
there you are.

>>>guess part of my ire comes from hearing his 'yeah i'm all cleaned up now'
routine
when in fact he wasnt remotely "clean"...but he'd tell people that and then
retire to his NOD...

lb