OFF: Spinal Tap

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Mar 23 12:37:21 EST 1999

At 09:03 23/03/99 -0800, Joseph Brooks wrote:
>and, believe it or not, Saxon. I really liked
>their earlier stuff, even if they were the real life model for Spinal Tap.

I should start a list of bands that I see described as the real life model
for Spinal Tap.  That's the first time I've seen Saxon mentioned though.
I've even seen HW suggested, in some guide to rock music, though I don't
see the connection much at all.

There are some obvious models - Queen, for "Big Bottom", and Black Sabbath,
for the erroneously-sized Stonehenge with the dwarves, Jethro Tull, for the
music that went with the Stonehenge, Uriah Heep (amongst others) for the
endless turnover of drummers...

Dave.

Languages Group Manager.
Harlequin Ltd., Lismore House, 127 George St, Edinburgh, EH2 4JN, UK.
Tel: +44 131 240 6106.