OFF: King's X/10 most Loved Bands

Dawa dawa at INTCON.NET
Tue Mar 23 22:44:16 EST 1999

Ok, Ok. I give in.  I usually don't put myself up for potential ridicule but
here in no particular order are my 10 most loved bands.  Don't laugh :P

1. BÖC (of course)
2. Ministry and all it's incarnations who would fill up the top 10 if I listed
them all.
3. The Clash
4. The Doors
5. Smashing Pumpkins
6. (early) B-52's
7. New Order/Joy Division
8. (early) Cure
9. Devo (YES, Devo :P )
10. oh yeah, damn I would have hated to miss this one... The Cult.

Other notables include... Concrete Blonde, (early) Cars, Blondie, Urge Overkill
(Saturation is one of my favorite CDs), The Kings (anybody remember these
guys?), Judas Priest (loved British Steel and Screaming for Vengeance), Skinny
Puppy, Sheryl Crow, Killing Joke, Alice in Chains, The Young Gods (Awesome
band), KMFDM, Gin Blossoms, Butthole Surfers, Black Flag, and Rammstein.  I
know I'm missing others.

I'm not a major collector of material of any of these bands with the exception
of BÖC and Ministry.  If I like something I might pick it up, no matter who it
is.  Most of the music I've bought in the 90's are industrial compilations
though, nothing much else seems to hold my interest for too long anymore.  Plus
the overall quality of new music pretty much sucks.

Dawa

P.S.:  All the KingsX fans are right on the mark.  They are greater than fame
has allowed them to be.

--
"No Name, No Slogan."
 - Acid Horse, 1989