HW: Live 79 (An invitation to a 1 minute hate)

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Wed Mar 24 02:53:32 EST 1999

you may well be right about that; god knows the recitations got botched all
the time

>>>anyone know anything about the original "spirit of the age" lyrics?

lb

In a message dated 3/23/99 5:13:47 PM, mordru at FLITE.NET writes:

<<I still think this was a mess-up, though.

In the Quark version, the lines:

...my test-tube brother's voice
There is no choice between us
if you had ever seen us
you'd rejoice in your uniqueness
and consider every weakness
something special of your own
being a clone, I have no flaws...

somehow seem to skip key lines, including the ones that rhyme
with each other, Live '79:

...my test-tube brother's voice
there is no choice between us
and you'd rejoice in your uniqueness
being a clone, I have no flaws to identify...

I honestly think he bungled it and skipped lines, and everyone
just played through it.

Also, somehow "20 telepathic men" became "20,000 telepathic men",
but that's inflation for you.