HW: LEMMY REMEMBERS

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Mar 24 15:50:27 EST 1999

You know, it is when one read things such as this that one can do naught
else but plump up the cushions, take a swig of brandy, have a little smoke,
and give the servants and concubines the evening off before saying to
oneself sotto voce, "Egads, Sir! I love Hawkwind."

>"I was in Hawkwind for 5 years and they changed my perception of what
>you could do onstage.  I'd never been in a band that played for 2 and a
>half hours without stopping before and I'd never done so much acid or
>smoked so much dope.  It was also the first time I'd worked with a big
>light show.  We used to have 18 projectors, 4 dancers and strobes on the
>crowd.  We also had this instrument that would go into really high
>frequencies that you couldn't hear but would make you lose your balance
>and fall over, plus another one that was so low that it would loosen
>your sphincter muscle and make you shit yourself.  That was fun for the
>audience.  We used to have people having epileptic fits.  I mean we
>weren't very gentle with our audience.  People used to think we were
>like Pink Floyd but we weren't!"

"Radioactivity,
Discovered by Madame Curie"
- Kraftwerk