OFF: Gov't Mule, _Live... With a Little Help From Our Friends_

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Mar 24 16:37:34 EST 1999

I just got the new Gov't Mule live double CD today.  It's an
abbreviation of their mammoth 4 hour 20 minute New Year's Eve gig at the
Roxy, Atlanta.  Here's what you get:

Disc 1:

Thorazine Shuffle [9:02]
Dolphineus [1:22]
War Pigs [8:23]
30 Days in the Hole [6:28] (*)
Mr. Big [8:57] (*)
Look On Yonder Wall [11:00] (@)
Soulshine [9:09] (@#%)
Mule [17:56] (#)

Disc 2:

Sad and Deep As You [13:56] (@&)
Devil Likes It Slow [10:43] (#+)
Cortez the Killer [14:05] (*#)
Afro-Blue [29:30] (#&%+=)

* with Marc Ford [guitar]
@ with Chuck Leavell [piano, wurlitzer, organ]
# with Bernie Worrell [organ, clavinet]
% with Derek Trucks [guitar]
& with Randall Bramblett [soprano sax]
+ with Jimmy Herring [guitar]
= with Yonrico Scott [percussion]

Synopsis: Please remember to wear your asbestos gloves and fire suit
whilst handling the CD because this album is *HOT*.  It'd be a good idea
to turn off your smoke detector whilst listening, too... ;-)

Best of all, for diehards like me, too, Capricorn is planning on
releasing a limited edition 4CD set (rumoured of 5000 copies) of the
*entire show* later this year, allowing you not only to hear the songs
that were left off this release, but also, e.g., to hear the *full*
version of "Afro Blue" instead of the cut-down one of "only" ~30
minutes. ;-)

As Frank Zappa once said, "it's a great time to be alive, boys and
girls..."

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Gov't Mule, _Live... With a Little Help From Our Friends_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix