OFF: That one obscure album...

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Wed Mar 24 18:12:17 EST 1999

Steve unwisely opens the following Pandora's Box....

>Here's an idea for a stupid contest that will generate probably lots
>of totally unnecessary email: What's the most obscure release that you
>think we should all own a copy of?  I mean, I'm not talking about a
>band that *you* love to death, I mean a band that you honestly think
>that lots of people on BOC-L would like, if only they could hear them?

That's a hard thing to address, really.  I mean, although many of our tastes
overlap (BOC & HW, by default), any one thing that we could pick might only
be found palatable by a select few here.  Unless we picked something
extremely close to either BOC or HW.

And then, what might be obscure to some, might be quite familiar to another,
for the very same reasons.

But taking that all into consideration (as much as possible), I think I
would have to choose 'Kingston Wall - III' as the single item that would be
'reachable' to the largest number of folks here.  It's both technically
brilliant with flashy guitar soloing and intricate percussion, as well as
sufficiently atmospheric and psychedelic to satisfy most parties within the
boc-l realm.

Keith H. (FAA)