OFF: That one obscure album...

Chris Bates c.d.bates at SHU.AC.UK
Thu Mar 25 04:53:14 EST 1999

On 25 Mar, Dave Greenhalgh wrote:
>  Coming out of lurker-dom for this one,  try the Haze 21 anniversary gig CD from
>  last year.  Sort of heavy-proggie band from Sheffield who never really made it
>  as they should.  There were a couple of albums that I can't remember the name
>  of now.  I remember one single was named after the Land Rover, Gabbadon.

Obscure? That's not obscure - it's on my office desk as I type!
In fact two BOC-Lers (myself and Big Mike) were there. Obscure! Ha!

>  Genesis,  HW et al were definite influences along with a number of others.
>  Songwriting came from the Brothers McMahon.  drumming came from a string of
>  muppet like characters with a frequency that rivals Spinal Tap.

Well Chiz was around for a long while (10 years).

I suppose I ought to chip in with an offering. What about (also on
the desk) *Medicine Hat*  by the band of the same name? A bunch of
country rockers from (I think) London - sort of like AC/DC meets
Johnny Cash.

--
Chris Bates
Lecturer