OFF: Spinal Tap

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Thu Mar 25 08:22:52 EST 1999

> > > Remember _Break Like the Wind_?  The lyrics to that were much more
> > > clever and well-thought-out than almost any "real" metal album
> > > that came out that year.
> > >
> > > Steve
>
> Even though they were a "joke" band, Spinal Tap put out two albums
> that were actually really solid metal, and a lot of fun.
>
> --  Nick

Agreed.  I really enjoy pulling out my 2 Tap CDs every now and then.
Some of the lyrics are just plain silly, but the music is actually
pretty cool.  They did a good job of parodying several different styles
(metal, early-60s rock, late-60s rock).

"Just crank that volume to the point of pain -- why waste good music on
a brain?"
  -- "Heavy Duty", Spinal Tap

John