OFF: 10 most loved

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 25 12:09:26 EST 1999

....have seen some intriguing list-type thangs here of late; am not very good
at these lists but here's my favorite audio acquisitions of '98; after the top
few they're not in order>>>>>>>>>

   1. ZAPPA/MOTHERS  demos/original takes/alt mixes from "we're only in it for
the money"
        which by the way is my single all time favorite album.
   2. ELECTRIC PRUNES  "stockholm '67"
        luv dem prunes....
   3. MAN W/JOHN CIPPOLINA  assorted gigs and rehearsals, all from 3/75
   4. VOIVOD  "phobos"
   5. BENNY GOODMAN "greatest hits"
        what a palate-cleansing cool drink in the shade this stuff is...
   6. KING TUBBY AND FRIENDS "dub gone crazy etc 1975-79"
   7. ZAPPA  selected shows from the '84 and '88 tours
   8. D-DAY  ACETATE AIRCHECKS
          CBS and NBC radio coverage of the opening hours/earliest reports of
the normandy invasion
   9.  HAWKWIND strange daze '97 board tape
   the token hawkwind appearance; i liked this MUCH more than i xpected to.

maybe i'll think of more stuff later...
pursuant to the 8th listing, last week i got some genuine axis radio
propaganda; axis sally/paul revere/lord haw haw/tokyo rose.....now THIS is
some spooky shit, lemme tell ya...

larry b