BOC/OFF: Repercussion of a bad musical trip

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Thu Mar 25 12:36:20 EST 1999

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

> On tor 25 mar 1999 11.16 +0000 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
> > i did in fact have a "rap phase" about 10-15 years ago (he said,
> > ducking and covering)
>
>      Well, there goes your street cred ;)
>
>      But, in fact, I remember someone on this list once admitted
> to being an Iced-T fan.  Not you, Steve, was it? ;)

I'm not a "fan" of rap.  I happen to like some stuff by Ice-T
(although I prefered the heavy metal album he did with his band Body
Count).  I've also heard some stuff by Rage Against the Machine that I
liked (even if they are millionaire Hahvahd-graduate poseurs).  ;-)
And I've liked a few of the rap/metal blendings of bands like
Faith No More...

In general, I don't like music "by genre", and more and more often,
I'm finding that I don't even like it "by group".  I tend to like
songs (sometimes albums) on an individual basis.

Steve
swann at plutonia.com