Gov't Mule/ King's X /Monster Magnet

Thu Mar 25 18:10:57 EST 1999

On tor 25 mar 1999 14.52 -0800 "Joseph Brooks" <Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET>
wrote:
> Speaking of Gov't Mule.. thats another band I've never heard but have been
> curious about. I see them mentioned in several different circles.. i.e.,
the
> "Jam Band" people talk about them and the "heavy" people talk about them.
> thought they were a jam band at first but now am not so sure.. should I
> bother?

     Not quite sure what you mean ... Gov't Mule will happily jam
a song for half-hour--and they're *damn* good at it, if that's the
sort of thing you appreciate.  They are also _effing_ heavy :) The
members have links with the Allman Bros, though their style much
more strongly allied to the likes of Cream, Mountain, and all the
heavy blues-rock power trios.  If a bit heavier :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson