HW: At last - some NEWS!

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Thu Mar 25 19:08:26 EST 1999

At 06:12 PM 3/25/99 GMT, you wrote:
>Andreas Stuewe writes:
>
>> - HW are supposed to do the soundtrack for the next series of Babylon 5.
>
>Bad news here: Babylon 5 Crusade has been shelved with 13 episodes more
>or less made and JMS has moved on to other projects. I'm a little
>skeptical that Hawkwind were really lined up to do the music rather than
>Chris Franke anyway.

Franke wasn't going to do it, they had somone named Evan Chen (I think)
doing the music.  Something widly criticized in B5: A call to arms, the
"prequel" as it were to B5 Crusade.  JMS kept insisting that if we gave
the guy a chance, we'd come to love his music as much as Chen, and he
just wanted to go in a new direction so it wouldn't be seen too much as
a clone of the first show...

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold