OFF: That one obscure album...

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Fri Mar 26 00:45:39 EST 1999

OK, this seems to be rare and therefore I'm guessing obscure, but anyway...

_Clockwork Revenge_ by Airlord.

If memory serves, this is a New Zealand band and I have only ever heard of
this one album by this group (late 70's?). I've tried to find this for many
years now. I've seen it a couple of times in online 2nd hand seller's
lists, but each time I've enquired it's already been sold. I've only known
one person who owned it and his copy got stolen (along with the rest of his
collection and equipment). Superb guitar, quirky lyrics, unusual vocals (a
bit like Fish as I recall, in fact, overall it is a little Marillion-ish
but without the production), interesting arrangements, great introspective
mood. Anyone have a copy they want to sell/trade/dub? :)

Pete.

At 05:10 PM 3/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
<snip>
>Here's an idea for a stupid contest that will generate probably lots
>of totally unnecessary email: What's the most obscure release that you
>think we should all own a copy of?  I mean, I'm not talking about a
>band that *you* love to death, I mean a band that you honestly think
>that lots of people on BOC-L would like, if only they could hear them?
>
>I'll live to regret this one, I just know it.
>
>Steve
>swann at plutonia.com

Peter Sondergeld
Email. p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"I'm no stranger to hard work - more of a nodding acquaintance." - D.G. Harris