Gov't Mule/ King's X /Monster Magnet

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Mar 26 06:25:42 EST 1999

> From:          Joseph Brooks <Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET>

> Good freestyle jamming is probably my favorite sort of music these days..
> Most post '90's metal leaves me cold (there are exceptions..).
>
> I wasn't sure if they were a jam band ala Phish, moe., Ominous Seapods etc.
> or a heavier metal band.. of whatever description. A mixture of both sounds
> intriguing. But you're description sounds like something I definitely want
> to look into. Thanks :) Headed to the music store right after work to look
> for Kings X and now perhaps Gov't Mule as well.

You can't go wrong with GM.  They're hard to pigeonhole.  Warren
plays some slide, so you might be tempted to call them Allman-esque,
but they also cover War Pigs.  Long guitar workouts are amazing, and
a killer bassist [and drummer] as well.  These guys record their
studio albums essentially live--if they overdub, it's the RHYTHM
part.  Check them out.  Great band, and very fan-friendly.  Allow
live taping, etc...

theo