OFF: Favorite Twisted Covers

Max Wilcox m.wilcox at UQ.NET.AU
Fri Mar 26 10:18:01 EST 1999

            Twisted covers?
             Diamanda Galias singing "I Put a Spell on You" (admittedly the
original is fairly twisted).
            Sid Viscious "I Did it My Way".
            Sonic Youth "Get into the Groove".
            Dead Kennedys' My Shorona thing at the MTV awards...
            Syd's Pink  Floyd singing King Bee ("buzzin' around your hive").

            But what is certainly the best is:-

            Laibach "Jesus Christ Superstar". Now that one is a classic. Come to
think of it, every cover that Laibach has done classifies as a "Twisted Cover"...

- Max Wilcox