OFF: BRAINTICKET

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Mar 26 11:32:58 EST 1999

Chuck and Jon say...

> Brainticket, Italian 70s psychedelia that later went
> electronic and uninspired. 'Cottonwood Hill' and 'Psychonaut' are both
> instant buys should you ever see them, and you can quote me on that;
> lovely stuff. Yours,
>                      Jon >>
>
>---AHHH! You say Italian, someone else said Swiss, while I've heard Belgian
>and Dutch!! Which is it?
>I'm inclined to think Dutch, since the main guy's name is Van Droogen (or Van
>something). BTW, I found "Psychonaut" a while ago, and like it quite a bit.
>This group is _at times_ reminiscent of HW, I think... Chuck

Well, I always thought of them as Swiss, but knew of course that keyboardist
Joel Vandroogenbroeck is actually Belgian.  And then doing a little digging,
discovered that they were based in southern Germany, Switzerland, and (yes)
Italy at different times.  With musicians from all of these countries?

I believe that the last three of their albums ("Celestial Ocean",
"Adventure", and "Voyage") were all released on Cleopatra here in the
states.  "Celestial Ocean" is a pretty strange album, and I guess really a
lot different than the others.  Apparently, there were some mispressed CDs
made by Cleopatra, with the music from "Voyage" on the "Adventure" discs,
and vice versa.  So beware of that.

I seem to remember that Vandroogenbroeck lives in Mexico now, after a long,
prolific 'solo' career in all sorts of 'world musics.'

Keith H. (FAA)