Gov't Mule/ King's X /Monster Magnet

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Mar 26 13:07:18 EST 1999

> From:          Carl Edlund Anderson <cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK>

> On fre 26 mar 1999 10.16 -0800 "Joseph Brooks" <Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET>
> wrote:
> > I did and.. whoa.. where have these guys (GM) been? Or, where have *I*
> been?
> > I liked it immediately which is usually a good sign. I picked one up
> called
> > "Dose" which I like and another self-titled one which I assume is their
> > first album? Great stuff so far, I think I'll be picking up the live album
> > soon. They sort of remind me of Allman Bros. meets Soundgarden meets Black
> > Sabbath.
>
>      Self-titled one is the first album.  IMO, good as the studio
> albums are, the live stuff is best.  Get the new live album and
> _Live at Roseland_ (their second album).  And if you can do MP3s
> you can download recordings from shows at their website (don't
> have the URL off-hand, but it should be easy to find).
>
> Cheers,
> Carl
I'm pretty sure it's mule.net.   GM's studio albums are essentially
recorded live.  The difference being that they tend to stretch out on
the songs more on the truly live albums...

And how come I'm not hearing any raves for Jimmy Herring from those
who've listened to Live...With a little...?

Or for young Derek Trucks, for that matter.  Isn't he still a
teenager?  And to think the media fawns over the likes of Jonny Lang
And Stevie er, Kenny Wayne Sheppard when there's a true child prodigy
like Derek making real music out there.  It's a world gone mad...

theo

theo