OFF: That one obscure album.../faves in general

Laj Waldner erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Sat Mar 27 11:25:36 EST 1999

Brian Halligan wrote:

> >From: Laj Waldner <erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM>
> >     I can't really comment on any independent movies as I haven't seen
> >very many, but most of my favorite movies are "hollywood" wide release,
> >highly promoted movies. These probably being my favorite 5 Science
> >Fiction/Fantasy (to narrow list) movies of all time:
> >
> >1. Conan the Barbarian
> >2. Dune
> >3. 12 Monkeys
> >4. Star Wars Trilogy
> >5. Star Wars first three chapters (I know I'll love em so there on the
> >list!)
>
> That's what I was trying to say.  Most of us aren't so interested in
> obscure movies, we're into obscure music.  While we may not understand
> the devoted fans of _Top 40 band "X" here_, movie fanatics might cringe
> when they hear you like Conan, or I like Logan's Run.  It just depends
> on what kind of media people are rabid about.

That's true in some respect, but you have to really look into why people
like something before you put any faith in their opinions. I also in
fact like Logan's Run, I even like those Charlton Heston science fiction
movies, the ones that I have seen :-).