OFF: That one obscure album.. Conan

Sprawl sprawl at BBOARD.COM
Sat Mar 27 11:56:52 EST 1999

>On fre 26 mar 1999 20.43 -0600 "Laj Waldner" <erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM> wrote:
>> 1. Conan the Barbarian
>
>     Superb!  Really captured the feel of the written stuff on
>film, IMO.

Captured the feel? I cannot possible disagree more.  I thoroughly enjoyed
the movie, don't get me wrong.  But it was just a mosaic of scenes cut from
about 10 different Conan novels, primarily the follow-up novels by Lin
Carter and L. Sprague deCamp.  There were certainly portions that were
loyal.  But Conan was no-where near as nice a guy as Arnold portrayed.   And
that whole Thulsa-Doom hippie
thing was embarrassing as hell!  ;)

I would like to see them create a movie based on Robert Howard's
Hour of the Dragon.  But use an unknown for the lead.  Someone a little more
feral than Arnold.

RJ