OFF: Obscurities

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 27 13:06:14 EST 1999

In a message dated 3/27/99 8:01:34 AM, drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM writes:

<<
This is kinda the point I tried to make awhile back. I could never
understand how people could PURPOSELY like or dislike something. Now,
maybe I'm wrong and maybe it's all just a coincidence, but it really
does seem that so many people here can "force" themselves to like
something just because nobody else has ever heard of it.

hmmm..."purposely liking"....
if i'm an 11 yr. old girl (unlikely) and all of my 11 yr. old girlfriends go
for duran duran, which groovin' combo is very, very likely my favorite?

hmmm..."purposely disliking"...
personally, i'm a bitch...there are a variety of possible reasons extraneous
to the actual music (aescetic/political/etc.) which could contribute to my
"underappreciation" ....i like what i like but i aint no easy sell...

hmmm... "forcing oneself to like something due to its obscurity" ...
not sure i can comment on that w/o an ensuing commotion (GRIN)

"<>"
lb