OFF: The Brain/Grenas

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 27 15:27:07 EST 1999

<< Hey, what exactly _is_ The Brain? A Grenas project of some sort I
 see, but who's in it?

---Just Grenas and Fox, w/a bunch of electronic toys, moogs, etc. It's a lot
of ambient fun! Apparently similar in style to the old Cluster, but I've heard
little of that myself. IMO, it's as good as any of his other projects, and
quite distinct from those, too.
    This album was released in '96, though, so it's not as recent as the
following...

         That Grenas boy never ceases to amaze me; over these last two
 years he's put out a Pressurehed album, an Anubian Lights album, a
 Farflung album (which is the business - current leader of the starfield no
 problems), half a Chrome album (playing the part of Damon Edge), and
 presumably this, and I understand there's another Pressurehed in the works
 as I type. Why can't Hawkwind match that sort of productivity, eh?

---And quality! Amen to that, brother... Chuck

Yours
 all,
      Jon