OFF: Pink Faries

Sun Mar 28 18:43:03 EST 1999

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Chuck Rosenberg wrote:

> I just ordered the Pink Faries CD "Do It", from CDNow. I hope this wasn't one
> of the "bad" ones? It looked like early stuff, mostly live, so I figured I
> couldn't go wrong, but I indeed never got actual recording dates.

        I believe 'Do It' is a collection of live EPs, one of which is the
excellent Glastonbury Fayre stuff, one of which is from their 1975
reunion, and one of which is a not-quite-Pink-Fairies gig under the name
of Twink and the Fairies from 1977. I don't know what the last is like,
but the Glastonbury Fayre stuff is great! And from the same fair as the
Hawkwind Glastonbury premier of 'Silver Machine', to keep some topic here.
The 1975 stuff is I believe also not bad.

        But it may be a different CD I'm thinking of :-) I'm sure someone
will tell us more... Yours,
                            Jon
 --
 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |