HW: Caution?

Tue Mar 30 18:10:00 EST 1999

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Andrew A. Apold wrote:

> >So, what's this about some unreleased Hawkwind album called _Caution_?
> When was this thing recorded?
>

> Between '82 and '83.
>
> >Why did it never get released?
>
> Doug's fault.  (though it was Steve Swann who let him know about it)....

        Wasn't it something like the then label, who were one-off for that
project anyway, having distributor problems, during which the album got
shelved, and there were arguments and now there's bad blood on both sides,
because the label don't think it's worth distributing, but won't give up
the rights. Though I could be remembering something else entirely.

        If I remember correctly there was also an issue over the label
insisting on using a house producer who did his own over-dubs. I think the
band were very upset at this and claimed it wasn't really a Hawkwind
album, a "made-up record". Again, don't quote me though. Yours,
                                                                Jon
 --
 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |