OFF: GARRRUNNNGGGG!!!

Wed Mar 31 03:31:56 EST 1999

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Keith Henderson wrote:

> Jon said...
>
> >        Can't help laughing at that... When grunge hit the news in the UK
> >it was mostly Nirvana, though there were some long-haired disreputable
> >types who got very upset at the way Nirvana had hijacked the phenomenon
> >when people like Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains, who somehow 'deserved'
> >success more, were being left behind.
>
> I assume you only mean at the beginning of Nirvana's rise.  Certainly, Pearl
> Jam and AiC have received more success than they ever deserved as well.

        Oh yeah, for definite. In the same forum of my schooldays, though
you were already "anti-establishment" if you listened to Nirvana, if you
had some Pearl Jam and some Alice In Chains then you could dismiss
everyone else as only being into grunge for the "image" ;-)

> P.S.  Yes, Soul Asylum was once fairly good, before they ever got the idea
> of writing something as awful as 'Runaway Train.'

        S'odd, I find the early albums really hard to get on with - I
don't much like anything I've heard before 'Hang Time'. I haven't been
inspired to get the last two though. Yours,
                                            Jon
 --
 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                     |