OFF: Loop?

andrew andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Mar 31 14:05:08 EST 1999

>> anyone know anything about a band by this name? They've
>> been described to me as actually acheiving what Monster Magnet's 'Tab... '
>> set out to do, which makes them sound interesting...
>
>     Yeah, Chris Bruce recommended them to me long ago, but I
>only heard some of their recordings recently, when I found
>someone in the Cambridge RockSoc with a CD.  Based on my
>admittedly limited listening experience, I can report that Loop
>were "pretty damn cool".

oh yes, i've got a coupla their lps, 'Fade Out' and 'A Gilded Eternity' and
both are well cool, i prfere Fade Out because it's, well, louder, but if
either of you want mail me off-list and i could stick them on a tape for
you (this is merely extraordinary laziness on my part as i can't be
bothered thinking about how to describe their sound and the differences
between the albums). Give me a week to sort them out tho cos i'm moving
house on saturday. Erk!
        And whilst i'm feeling well generous: would anyone like a copy of the
Underground Zero LP 'Never Reach The Stars'? I've had a spare (vinyl) copy
knocking about for ages and thought it might appreciate a new home.

andrew

"Noise is for heroes
Leave the music for zeroes"
- The Damned