OFF: Loop?

John Majka flossbac at NLCI.COM
Wed Mar 31 18:33:37 EST 1999

At 09:33 AM 3/31/99 +0100, you wrote:
>        Dear All,
>                  anyone know anything about a band by this name? They've
>been described to me as actually acheiving what Monster Magnet's 'Tab... '
>set out to do, which makes them sound interesting... Yours,
>                                                            Jon (who for
>some reason is unable to type the word 'yours' in four tries this morning)

I have a Loop cd entitled "A Gilded Eternity" and to tell the truth I'm not
really all that interested in the band.  To me, these guys always sounded
like they wanted really really bad to be My Bloody Valentine with some
Cocteau Twins thrown in....it's late 80's surreal dreampop, but for that
sound, Loop are decidedly not leaders in the field.  My Bloody Valentine,
Cocteau Twins and Pale Saints far surpass Loop in every capacity.  I can't
see any comparison with Monster Magnet whatsoever....as the Magnet is more
of a straight "rock" band.
John Majka
flossbac at nlci.com