OFF: Happy Happy Virus Virus Joy Joy

Torgo Sedler drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun May 2 09:15:43 EDT 1999

Hi kids....

First off, a big thank you goes out to the person who decided to upload a
virus to the BOC list. May fire ants build an impressive series of nests in
your colon.

But one good thing about it, it gave me a chance to put some VIRUS software
to the test. I use my HOTMAIL account for my BOC-L mail and whenever hotmail
detects an attachment it asks you if you would like to download "regular" or
download using McAfee's VirusScan.

So I chose VirusScan. It scanned the file, then assured me that everything
was A-OK. No fear. Godspeed. Smooth sailing. Happy downloading young
Grasshopper.

Well, I guess this shows you what HOTMAIL'S virus checker is worth. I work
with a guy who is fond of saying "it ain't worth the powder to blow it to
hell", and I guess this describes it accurately enough.

So then I used Norton's FREE VirusScanner (available and updated regularly
at the NONAGS site, which I HIGHLY recommend to any PC users), and Norton's
caught the virus.

I guess this is a good example of what can happen when there is no BOC news
to discuss. :^)

Torgo has left the building.......
DrTorgo at hotmail.com
http://welcome.to/torgos