Apologies :(

Shawn Quinn squinn at PALMNET.NET
Sun May 2 10:06:49 EDT 1999

Folks -

Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the happy99.exe worm
program.  All flames accepted and deserved.   I knew I was in trouble when
I downloaded my email this morning and saw TWO posts from me.  My computer
has since been completely scanned and cleaned with Norton Antivirus using
the latest Virus update from Symantec's Web site.  Interestingly enough is
that Norton Antivirus did not even consider this a suspect file and did not
detect mods to the winsock files with the old virus data base I had
previously installed.  Usually, antivirus software can detect this behavior
even if the virus or worm program is not explicitly in its database.

Many thanks to the folks who reported this back to the group so quickly and
with instructions on how to remedy this situation.

Once again - I apologize for any inconveniences I have caused to the users
of this List Server.

Shawn