OFF: yer bog standard OS advocacy

Tue May 4 06:06:28 EDT 1999

On mån 3 maj 1999 08.16 -0700 "Joseph Brooks" <Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET>
wrote:
> ..and we don't get those nifty see-through cases in pastel colors and an
OS
> that forces you to DO THINGS THEIR WAY... Of course, if you don't actually
> want to be bothered with actually learning anything about computers, Mac's
> are definately the correct choice..

     Silly man :) and MacOS is nothing to Windows for Having It
Their Way.  Apple has done innumerable silly things, a number of
them in the basic set-up of their OS, but they are pretty easy
to get around even for someone who hasn't bothered to learn
anything about computers ;) and you don't even notice sidestepping
them if you have ...

     I remain unmoved! :) I was a staunch pro-DOS/anti-Mac type
back before Windows lumbered awkwardly onto the scene.  I've done
a lot of user and network support in mixed Mac/PC environments and
.. well, *that* made up my mind for me.  I just can't face
Windows in its various semi-variations after those experiences.
The horror ... the horror ...

     But like everyone else, I expect to stick out my thumb for
the Linux bandwagon, to see if it's going my way :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson