Peter Hammill on Hawkwind

stalker kg at THING.DE
Tue May 4 15:31:34 EDT 1999

reply to:

>>So, according to the author, PH actually said that VDGG played WITH
Hawkwind, although the interviewer does mention that he wrote the quotations
from memory, so he might be making that part of it up.

as I did the interview I can say: no, I didn't make up anything here. went home
after the gig/interview and hacked it straight into the computer.
Would this be breaking news that HW and VDGG did some gigs together?
I always thought these are well-known 'facts' - or am I wrong here?

anyway - from various interviews one thing's for sure: Hammill and Calvert
had a lot of respect for each others work. and surely, as vocalists and
writers / lyricists they are outstanding figures.

best,
knut gerwers