OFF: Amorphis

Alun Hughes a.hughes at NEWI.AC.UK
Wed May 5 07:29:40 EDT 1999

Well, I just got this the other day. Bought it on the strength
of _My Kantele_ - the one with the "Levitation" cover. They
have used Paradise Lost's producer who has done a pretty
good job of making them sound just like Paradise Lost. In fact,
PL are a pretty good comparison in that they too moved from
cookie-monster to airbrushed-vocals-and-swirly-keyboards in
much the same way.

_Tuonela_ is well-produced and "melodic" but I don't suppose
I'll be buying any more of their records for much the same reason
that I don't buy Bon Jovi albums. Bring back the cookie monster,
that's what I say.

Alun