Off: PORCUPINE TREE Live

Andreas Stuewe Andreas.Stuewe at T-ONLINE.DE
Sun May 9 05:35:22 EDT 1999

Utrecht, 7/May/99
I´m not quite sure if I liked this gig. They´ve had some brilliant moments, but
half of the gig was pretty boring! Anyway, at least they have their own style and
they are real trained musicians. Steven Wilson is one of the very best guitar
guitar players around.

Tracklisting:

Even less
Piano lessons
Waiting phase 1
Waiting phase 2
Don´t hate me
Signify
Pure narcotic
A smart kid
Voyage 34
Slave called shiver
Tinto Brass
The sky moves sideways
    -Encore1:
Nine cats
Dislocated day
    -Encore2:
Radioactive toy

total amount of music: 110 min

A good light show with slides and strobes, and an enthusiastic audience of 600
people from Holland, Belgium and Germany (PT have never done a gig there).
Delerium had a stall selling PT CD´s and shirts for very high prices. I think the
PT business is getting more and more commercial, but on the other hand it´s not
bad to have a good commercial band among so much crap, isn´t it?

Andreas