Off: PORCUPINE TREE Live

cosmos cosmos at CASEMA.NET
Sun May 9 05:45:32 EDT 1999

>Utrecht, 7/May/99
>I´m not quite sure if I liked this gig. They´ve had some brilliant
moments, but
>half of the gig was pretty boring! Anyway, at least they have their own
>style and
>they are real trained musicians. Steven Wilson is one of the very best guitar
>guitar players around.
>
>Tracklisting:
>
>Even less
>Piano lessons
>Waiting phase 1
>Waiting phase 2
>Don´t hate me
>Signify
>Pure narcotic
>A smart kid
>Voyage 34
>Slave called shiver
>Tinto Brass
>The sky moves sideways
>    -Encore1:
>Nine cats
>Dislocated day
>    -Encore2:
>Radioactive toy
>
>total amount of music: 110 min
>
>A good light show with slides and strobes, and an enthusiastic audience of 600
>people from Holland, Belgium and Germany (PT have never done a gig there).
>Delerium had a stall selling PT CD´s and shirts for very high prices. I
>think the
>PT business is getting more and more commercial, but on the other hand
it´s not
>bad to have a good commercial band among so much crap, isn´t it?
>
>Andreas

saw them one day after in 's-hertogenbosch.
and i had the same feeling about the gig.
have seen them probably 10 times now.
but i think they played their highlights a couple of years ago.
when they released the sky moves sideways they performed brilliant gigs.
they become big and probably they deserve it too.
i don't know if i will go next time to their gigs.

andre