OFF: Brainstorm (was Re: OFF/HW: KREL)

Soniqué sonique at SONIQUE.NET
Mon May 10 00:47:55 EDT 1999

First, Chuck said....

Then, Keith Henderson wrote:

> I'm interested in trading for it.  I kinda like it (I borrowed Jerry's
> copy).  And it's closer to space rock than a lot of what I hear called
> 'space rock' these days.  Though it's certainly far from HW-style.  Closer
> to Caravan in some places, and The Feelies on a couple of occasions.  (Both
> of which I like also.)

Saw them again on Saturday night. As usual they played quite a few tracks
from their CD, as well as quite a few Hawkwind covers. Sorry to tell you
Chuck that the CD is just one side to the band - The rendition they did of
Assault & Battery/Golden Void almost made me cry it was that good. D-Rider,
Psychedelic Warlord's, Master of the Universe and Aerospaceage Inferno were
pretty damn good too. The good news I think is that they played one of their
new tracks "Shadows", and by comparison to what's on "Tales ...", I'd say the
next release will be a lot spacier and heavier.

(But I'm with Keith - I reckon their CD's quite good even though it sounds
nothing like HW despite the name).

Soniqué

--
 PO Box 378                Paul Ward