Off: PORCUPINE TREE Live

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon May 10 13:34:05 EDT 1999

>On Mon, 10 May 1999, Keith Henderson wrote:
>
>> But I don't see why it's called 'pop'.  I just think it's less
>> 'rock' so what else to call it?  I guess 'shoegazer-dream rock' a la
>> Spiritualized, Slowdive and/or the first Verve album. And so what, those
>> bands may sell more albums than PT, but I've never heard any of them on the
>> radio (Spiritualized was used in a TV ad though).  Well, I don't listen to
>> the radio I admit.  :)
>
>        Gods, you couldn't get _away_ from The Verve last year! Not their
>first album, I grant you, which I heard some of on John Peel (which isn't
>radio as we mean radio :-), but definitely an air-play band.

Yeah, I only meant the first album, which I think is pretty decent.  I have
listened to two others (second and third?) and thought they were awful.  And
I don't know that I've ever heard *any* Verve other than from my own stereo
(ASiH only).  Are they *that* popular?  Of course, I've only heard one Oasis
song in my entire life, and that was on the TV.  Terrible singer!  Almost as
bad as the guy in Radiohead.  :)

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  Britney Spears and Shania Twain are the ones that are so ubiquitous
right now that even I can't escape.  Man oh man, is BS awful!!